Building Sustainability in the BME Women's Sector
Tuesday 6 March 2012, 9.45-3.30, Manchester
This event has now been held
The voluntary and community sector faces extremely challenging times, especially the Black and Ethnic Minority women’s sector. BME women’s groups work within some of the most marginalised and vulnerable communities in the country, providing specialised services in culturally appropriate ways to women that many others find hard to reach.
Nurturing the Roots is a free event (organised by Oxfam’s Routes to Solidarity Project) which brings together BME women’s groups and funding bodies to look at how BME women’s groups can ensure their survival, become more sustainable and increase the impact that they have.
We invite you to come along and join us at this event, where you can:
talk to funders about the needs of your communities and your groups
- learn more about social enterprise; winning contracts; and writing successful funding bids
- visit funders’ stalls, to find out about their funding and support
- network with other groups, hearing about how they are building their sustainability
- enjoy hot food provided by two BME social enterprises
A range of funders are taking part, and include:
- The Big Lottery Fund
- Comic Relief
- Community Foundation for Merseyside and Lancashire
- Charity Bank Limited
To book your place at the event, please contact Katie Lau at email@example.com or 0161 860 2811).
For more information, please contact Maya Sharma at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 861 7940.